Read the Community Blog
- We published 3 more patterns during the past few weeks
-> Wireless: Using a managed access point to access private network
-> Wireless- Using a public hotspot to access a private network
-> Public Web Server
- We wrote a guide on how to author your own OSA pattern.
- There's again a revised security architecture landscape, reflecting your recent feedback
- We cleaned up the menu structure
Feedback is more than welcome, best way to give feedback is via the BB discussion forum.
the OSA core team
I am pleased to say there are a few new patterns available in the library:
- Public webserver that covers a typical tier hosting environment for a web application or service
- Private wireless for a corporate LAN environment where you want to extend the use of the LAN through your buildings for staff members
- Remote access to corporate private network from a public wireless access point or hotspot such as your favorite cafe or book store.
We are looking to complete a few more patterns by the end of August. What are the pressing problems you want solved? Tell us in the forum and we'll get to work.... with a bit of help from you of course:-)
Talking with Aurelius during the week, and he showed an updated version of the control labels on patterns that includes some descriptive text.
This seemed to work much better on the pattern, and made the whole item more immediately comprehensible. I plan to update the template, and will post a link once it's done for feedback. If it looks positive then we can rework the rest of the patterns so far.