Who uses OSA?
We have developed a few personas to help us think about OSA, and the needs of the community.
Steve, the corporate expert
- Has a CISSP, works for a large corporation.
- Worked for 5-10 years as security expert.
- Needs to come up with some effective security designs in the projects he is involved.
Why Steve values OSA
- In new projects Steve is often confronted with new or complex problem spaces.
- He knows that referring to a best practice pattern will buy him credibility and will reduce the amount of peer review time that is required in his corporation.
- Having a pattern that is based on NIST 800-53 will give him certainty that he has the best grounds for the discussions with the corporate auditors.
Madeleine, the consultant
- CISSP, works for a large consulting company.
- Heads up a security practice, is often involved in project security reviews.
Why Madeleine values OSA
- She looks at OSA as “my visual checklist”.
Jose, the industry expert
- Industry expert, has worked in many start-ups and vendor organizations.
- Worked for many years in Security and Risk.
- Wants to bring some of his experience to benefit the wider community and improve the state of security.
Why Jose values OSA
- He looks at OSA as "my opportunity to contribute and improve the foundations of computing".
Srinivas, the student
- Student who has not yet graduated from his Computer Science BSc.
- Wants to to focus his final year studies for his course on Computer Security.
Why Srinivas values OSA
- He looks at OSA as "my reference library on best practice".
Jackie, the IS professor
- Professor who lectures on Information Security at a university.
- She wants to create lectures that include practical examples that reflect relevant industry problems and solutions
- She wants material that is freely available and is not tied to any industry or technology lobby.
Why Jackie values OSA
- She regards OSA as "my source for current industry solutions"
- She appreciates the OSA patterns for tutorials and lab work.
Where do our visitors come from?
As of 2021 our visitor profile covers a large part of the world as shown in the map below. The darker the colour, the more visitors. Help us get a complete coverage!
Last updated: Sept 2021